Hi, welcome to t.c. de witt.com. What you'll find here is a small (yet growing) library of all the art I immerse myself in. Cartoons, Comics, Videos, Comedy, and Writing. Just follow the links below and enjoy. Feel free to comment on a post, or email me at tcsbighead@gmail.com, and let me know what you think.

-- T.C.

Cover Letter and Resume

May 5th, 2008

To Whom It May Concern:

I am a recent college graduate seeking a career in cartooning. Be it animation, design or comics, as long as I am drawing, I will forever be content. Please find attached my resume showing my education, experience, and background.
I have a lifetime of experience in the world of cartoons.
Throughout my years of college, I helped pay for school by designing mascots and logos for schools in my area back in Wisconsin as well as tattoos and t-shirts for friends. I had a weekly publication of a comic strip in the college paper, and I eventually moved on to the local newspaper where I had a weekly column for my topical cartoons. For many years, I taught a class to 4th and 5th graders on drawing. The most satisfying aspect of that experience was teaching those kids that whether it is drawing or sports or dancing or singing, whatever the hobby, believing in yourself and going for your dreams is what truly matters. I believe I would excel in a more professional setting because I truly find drawing and cartoons to be a challenging and rewarding career; as well, my background in leadership positions makes me an excellent team player.
May I arrange an interview to further discuss my qualifications? I am available for an interview at a mutually convenient time. My online resume is available at: http://www.tcdewittart.blogspot.com/
Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
T.C. De Witt

TIMOTHY C. DE WITT
t_c_de_witt@hotmail.com

Objective: Seek the Position of Cartoonist

SUMMARY: Gifted cartoonist with over fourteen years experience in drawing and writing captivating political, comic books, and strip cartoons for newspapers.
Summary of Qualifications

· Excellent drawing skills.
· Sound knowledge of what is happening in the world.
· Excellent ability to create a variety of cartoon types using different tools and media.
· Great ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships and work in a team or alone.
· Excellent sense of humor.
· Profound artistic, imaginative, and practical skills.
· Exceptional ability to generate new ideas and to put those ideas into sketches.
· Exceptional ability to work well under pressure.
· Uncommon ability to use relevant computer software programs.
· Great time management skill.

Professional Experience

Kenosha News, Kenosha, WI 2006 - 2008
Cartoonist

Drew cartoons for publications to amuse readers and interpret or illustrate news highlights, advertising, stories, or articles.
Developed personal ideas or read written material to develop ideas from context.
Discussed ideas with editor or publisher's representative or sketched cartoon drawings and submitted drawings for approval.
Made changes and corrections as necessary and finished drawing.
Developed and drew comic strips.

Ranger News, Kenosha/Racine, WI 2000 - 2006
Cartoonist

Created characters, stories and jokes.
Designed sketches in pencil.
Reviewed sketches with ink to make a final copy.
Recreated cartoons on a computer for manipulation.
Provided entertainment by drawing cartoons at special occasions.

Six Flags Great America, Gurnee, IL 2006 - 2007
Caricature Artist

Created cartoon/caricature portraits.
Designed sketches in paintbrush markers.
Reviewed sketches with colors.
Provided entertainment while drawing.

Education
Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts
Bachelor’s Degree in English – Creative WritingUniversity of Wisconsin (2006)